Ghost B.C. is, again, having to push back the release date of their upcoming album Infestissumam due to trouble finding a company that will print the above image on the CD.
Europe and the company willing to print it on vinyl don’t seem to have a problem, but American CD printing companies are having issues with the severe “sacrilegious” imagery.
We kept on getting turned down because of the CD art, which is basically a 16th century illustration of an orgy
I mean, yeah I can see that. Looks like the nympho on the left is getting a handful from somebody (bow chicka wow wow). However, the main reason why finding an American printer is an issue is the top of the drawing. I would be willing to bet that it’s supposed to be Jesus on an inverted cross, however the inverted cross is known as St. Peter’s cross. St. Peter was to be crucified, however he felt that he was not as worthy as Jesus and shouldn’t be crucified in the same manner that Jesus died for our sins. Therefore he was turned upside down, and the inverted cross has been misused for quite sometime as an anti-Christian symbol even though it’s not regarded as such in any religious aspect (check out the chair of the Pope).
So because of this, the album release date is no longer April 9th, but now April 16th. The European and vinyl versions will contain the original artwork, however the American CD version will have the artwork from the standard edition of the album, even though the controversial art was intended for the deluxe version.
- 31415926piecesofpie reblogged this from itsmetal
- didntgrizzlyadamshaveabeard reblogged this from itsmetal
- devils-righthand likes this
- thoughtlessfroth likes this
- cattapillakilla likes this
- none-but-the-rain reblogged this from itsmetal and added:
- prozacwithtea reblogged this from itsmetal
- scary-fieri likes this
- effin-n-jeffin reblogged this from itsmetal and added:
- the-morbid reblogged this from itsmetal
- march-tothe-blackcrown likes this
- doublebarrel12gauge reblogged this from itsmetal
- doublebarrel12gauge likes this